Single Stream Recycling by County Waste and Recycling, or SSR, lets you put all your recyclables into one, large, green-lidded container that rolls right to the curb. It’s the easiest way to recycle ever.
2019 County Waste Recycling Collection Calendar - pdf
Residential Recycling Carts
65 Gallon Recycling Cart
(Gray w/green lid)
95 Gallon Recycling Cart
(Gray w/green lid)
- All Plastic Bottles & Containers (#1-7) with Caps & Lids ATTACHED
- All Office and School Paper
- Clean, Balled Aluminum Foil (2" or Larger) and Pie Pans
- Corrugated Cardboard & Paper Bags
- Empty Aerosol Cans (No Caps)
- Empty Pizza Boxes
- File Folders
- Glass Bottles & Jars
- Magazines, Brochures & Catalogs
- Newspapers & Inserts (No Plastic Bags)
- Opened Mail, Junk Mail, and Greeting Cards
- Paper-back Books
- Paperboard Boxes
- Paper Egg Cartons
- Paper Milk/Juice Cartons (No Foil Pouches)
- Phone Books
- Prescription drug bottles (empty)
- Rigid Plastics
- Shredded Paper (must be in clear plastic bags)
- Audio & VHS Cassettes
- Christmas Lights
- Clothing or Textiles
- Compostable Plastic
- Drinking Glasses
- Hard Back Books
- Hazardous or Bio-Hazardous Waste
- Hoses, Ropes, Wire, Cords, Chain, or Cable
- Light Bulbs
- Needles, Syringes and Medical Waste
- Paper-To-Go Containers
- Paper Ream Wrappers
- Paper Towels
- Plastic 6-Pack Holders
- Plastic Bags
- Plastic Microwave Trays
- PVC Pipes
- Tarps or Pool Covers
- Yard Waste
Advantages of Single Stream Recycling
- Easier for you—No sorting or separating, no blue bins to carry, protection from animals and wind, and weekly pick-up service.
- Better for your neighborhood—Your new, single container looks and functions much more neatly than the old blue bins.
- Better for the environment—Communities are recycling more, some by a margin of 24%. This means less garbage ends up in the landfill, and one truck instead of two in suburban and rural areas lowers fuel consumption and carbon emissions.
- Better value—County Waste & Recycling rates are already highly competitive, and SSR comes at no extra charge for the container or the service.
How It Works:
Your Single Stream Recycling container comes in a choice of size: 35-gallon, 65-gallon, or 95-gallon. It takes all of your recyclables—paper, glass, cardboard, aluminum, and more kinds of plastics than before—and keeps them securely contained with its distinctive green lid.
From your home, it will be transported to our new, state-of-the-art processing facility near the Port in the City of Albany. There, conveyors, magnets, rollers, screens, and other technologies separate the recyclables by type and bundle them for shipment to the places that will use them to make new products.